will remain at the top of the post queue has served its purpose – and will remain on our front page until moved on by newer posts, so all election-related posts can be found easily (please click “Read More”; listings are hyper-linked to the referenced post). Update: Candidate Recommendations announced.
Candidates’ introductory statements (in ballot order):
Hold this line
And this one
- Claudia Manley
- Victor Casini
- Dennis Brennan (no statement received)
- DeeDee Gorgol (no statement received)
- Kay Gallo (no statement received)
- Roseanne Rosenthal (no statement received)
- Ed Corcoran
- Roger Kempa (no statement received)
With Ms Babbington’s withdrawal, all candidates below her former position advance. The new order is as above.
Articles (in order of appearance)
- Candidates announced.
- Campaign kick-off.
- First campaign appearance; slate announced.
- Jennifer Babbington withdraws from ballot.
- GOP endorses Manley, Casini & Corcoran.
- Position statements invited.
- Understanding the “Films Issue”.
- Understanding the many issues of the summer 2012 capital spending.
- Recommendations for Board of Education election April 9th, 2013.
- A Fair Deal?
Articles from our Archives on substantive issues – extensive analysis of District 86 events:
- Air-Conditioning and Bond Issue: Advent of Air-Conditioning via Delphic Oracle; District 86 in Wonderland; Anointing of a Consultant; True Costs of No-Bid Contracts;
- Films as Literature – Hinsdale South Course Offering: Amos & Andy cleared for Showing; Films as Literature (updated); Puppet Show at Central; Response to Parent: Concern or Red Tape; Hinsdale South Offers Offensive Film Class; The Board’s Role in Determining Curriculum;
- Tax Levy: District 86 Feeds Spending Engine; Atop a Mountain of Money; New Budget, Old Assumptions;
- Transparency/Accountability: Puppet Show at Central; Our Educational Leadership; District 86′s Continuing War on Transparency; IPI gives D86 an “F”; Central violates State Reporting Law; “Transparency” Policy Omits Taxpayers;